L’Arche welcomes people from all walks of life to experience community in a new way. Whether joining us as a friend for dinner or prayer night, or becoming a volunteer or an assistant, you’ll discover a different way to be.
- Host a presentation about L’Arche: Join us to tour one of our homes, or invite us to come to your office, home, or place of worship. In the space of an hour we highlight the people and mission of L’Arche using stories from our life together.
- Career Opportunities: See what open roles we currently have. Come, grow, and share your gifts as you work in and alongside the community!
- Volunteer: Lend a hand on a regular basis, or bring a small group and discover the joy of relationships in L’Arche.
- Join us for dinner: There is a place at the table for you. Fill out our dinner form and we’ll be in touch with a formal invitation to eat with us.
- Pray with us: Discover the spirituality of L’Arche at our informal prayer nights.
- Become a daily life member: Make an ongoing and growing commitment to relationships in the community.
We receive many inquiries about how a person with an intellectual disability can live in one of our homes. Because most adults with intellectual disabilities, known in L’Arche as core people choose to make L’Arche home for life, we have very limited openings. Friends are always welcome at our events and regularly scheduled prayer nights. You can read about the process of becoming a core person in the event that we do have an opening, or to assist you in the process of finding another residential provider in D.C. or Virginia.