- Make a Donation
Your one-time or monthly donation will make an immediate impact on our four homes.
- Career Opportunities
Currently accepting applications for Communications and Outreach Coordinator and Assistants (Direct Support Professionals)
- Get Involved
Discover the depths of the human spirit through interactions with our community members.
- "This summer confirmed my desire to work with special education for the elderly. My growth this summer was exponential; I learned so much! I loved sharing time with the core members and learning about the values of community, being with and being present. Seeing faith lived out collectively was really powerful for me and reminded me why I'm Catholic. I fell in love with L'Arche and so did my mom!" Alice, Summer Volunteer
- "A lot of the philosophy of L'Arche recognizes that we are better together, even if it's less efficient or not as 'productive' as doing things on our own. The experience of living with people in the same house is so intimate that I realized that this is so much more about relationships than I could ever have expected. It was hard to leave knowing that I was leaving friends. At L'Arche, I'm surrounded by so many people who might share 3 words with me in total; I don't have to prove my worth at L'Arche, it's just assumed, known." Megan Guzman, House Leader
- "The assistants had a profound impact on me and by the end of the summer, I didn't see their vulnerabilities but rather, that they're powerful human beings. I realized the power of compassion and how listening can profoundly change things. My favorite part of the summer was helping a core member achieve his two year long goal to play with a pug!" Eric Sah
- It is an absolute pleasure to work with you and all the folks at L'Arche. Beyond your pleasant and professional manner is a level of dedication to core members that I have rarely seen in the 34 years I have been involved in human services. Thanks for all you do. Lincoln, Director of ALCO Pharmacy
- The best service project we had ever done — ever. I think it’s because there’s this immediate connection, because everyone’s valued: Your service there meant something. Katherine Quan, Friend and Service-Ministry Chair at St. Peter’s Church
- L’Arche has a simple message for our time: focus on relationships. Welcome the poor and the rejected. Create communities where relationships are the highest priority. Create communities where each person’s gift is valued and celebrated. Welcome the least and as a result, discover the best in all. Tim Shriver, Chairman of the Special Olympics
- L'Arche is a work from God. Marilyn Hanlon, friend and supporter
- Members of the L'Arche community give witness to what we all should do: show total acceptance of people as they are, with their limits, their strengths, and their gifts. Bishop Martin J. Amos, Davenport, Iowa
- From our arrival to our departure, we witnessed the core values of independence, inclusion, self-determination, and productivity. Every individual with a disability was a full partner in every aspect of community living. Toni Fisher, former Executive Director for the DC Developmental Disabilities State Planning Council
- L'Arche Greater Washington, D.C. is what de-institutionalization's dreamers had in mind. The Washington Post