- Make a Donation
Your one-time or monthly donation will make an immediate impact on our four homes.
- Join our Team
Currently accepting applications for a Service Team Leader as well as Assistant and Awake-Overnight Assistant Positions.
- Get Involved
Discover the depths of the human spirit through interactions with our community members.
- It is an absolute pleasure to work with you and all the folks at L'Arche. Beyond your pleasant and professional manner is a level of dedication to core members that I have rarely seen in the 34 years I have been involved in human services. Thanks for all you do. Lincoln, Director of ALCO Pharmacy
- The best service project we had ever done — ever. I think it’s because there’s this immediate connection, because everyone’s valued: Your service there meant something. Katherine Quan, Friend and Service-Ministry Chair at St. Peter’s Church
- L’Arche has a simple message for our time: focus on relationships. Welcome the poor and the rejected. Create communities where relationships are the highest priority. Create communities where each person’s gift is valued and celebrated. Welcome the least and as a result, discover the best in all. Tim Shriver, Chairman of the Special Olympics
- L'Arche is a work from God. Marilyn Hanlon, friend and supporter
- Members of the L'Arche community give witness to what we all should do: show total acceptance of people as they are, with their limits, their strengths, and their gifts. Bishop Martin J. Amos, Davenport, Iowa
- From our arrival to our departure, we witnessed the core values of independence, inclusion, self-determination, and productivity. Every individual with a disability was a full partner in every aspect of community living. Toni Fisher, former Executive Director for the DC Developmental Disabilities State Planning Council
- L'Arche Greater Washington, D.C. is what de-institutionalization's dreamers had in mind. The Washington Post
- We investigative reporters tend to see our work as macho: 'I investigated this situation, I reported about it, and I changed it.' L’Arche was different: I investigated it, I reported about it, and it changed me. Katherine Boo, former Investigative Reporter, The Washington Post
- It was so special to me to see how dedicated L’Arche is to providing care and comfort to another human being. Rosa Harris, Physical Therapist, National Rehabilitation Hospital
- The works done in L'Arche communities are built on love, filled with soulful rewards, and lessons that will last a lifetime. Caroline Egan, student, Catholic University of America