Service Team Leader
Service Team Leader (STL) Role Description
Now Hiring VA Service Team Leader!
Mission of a Service Team Leader
To lead a team of Assistants in providing competent contract services, within mutually transforming relationships between the Assistants and the people being served, in a manner that reveals the gifts of each person being served.
Qualities and Expectations of a Service Team Leader
- Grounded and growing in a system of beliefs and values that is consistent with the beliefs and values of L’Arche as expressed in the L’Arche Charter and in the L’Arche Identity and Mission Statement.
- Willing and able to trust others and to entrust to others.
- A desire and willingness to learn and grow.
- Good organizational and leadership skills.
- Physically able to assist people with a variety of cognitive and physical disabilities.
- Willingness to assume STL role and perform duties as an Assistant.
- Willingness to remain in role for at least one year, with a preference of 2 or more years.
- Willingness to assume STL role in a different L’Arche home if asked.
- Supervised by the Director of Professional Services (DPS).
- Supervises Team of Assistants that provide contract services.
- Scheduling and coordinating weekly team meetings; creating agenda and ensuring that adequate minutes are recorded and distributed; and following up on issues that arise.
- Meeting monthly with each new Assistant on the Team, every six weeks with Assistants within the 2nd year, and more frequently if helpful to the person’s growth. Meetings will review roles, responsibilities, and the completion of any required trainings and certifications.
- Collaborating with the Home Life Leader (HLL) to ensure regular monthly Team accompaniment is coordinated based on home and team needs.
- Participating, as asked by the DPS, in the recruitment, selection, welcoming, orientation, training, and evaluation of Assistants and people in other roles.
- Increase your knowledge and skills by undertaking training in addition to trainings required by contract, at the direction of the DPS.
- Participating, as asked by the DPS, in quality assurance reviews and contractual inspections and audits; ensure the competent creation and maintenance of all records for which you or your team is responsible; and, at all times, making the DPS aware of any concerns or issues about the happiness or well-being of any person being served, about the quality of service provision or record keeping, or about the condition of property or vehicles.
- Assigning and ensuring completion of Assistants’ responsibilities.
- Developing and ensuring the maintenance of a current Team calendar as well as other calendars needed for cooperative functioning within L’Arche including, but not limited to, routine scheduling, medical appointments, and vacations for those served.
- Coordinating relationships between your Team and other L’Arche leaders and Teams.
- Establish and follow systems in place to ensure compliance with service contracts including but not limited to, Individual Support Plans and Medicaid/State delivered services.
- In conjunction with the HLL, ensure that your Team embodies the values and beliefs of L’Arche by ensuring adequate formation, including a spirit and practice of hospitality and welcome.
- Participating in inter-agency projects and L’Arche educational efforts and serving as a member of any leadership teams, task forces, or committees assigned by the DPS.
- Participate in creating budgets for those served and within the home, as requested by the DPS, and oversee budget implementation in areas where you or your team have an impact.
- Ensure and participate in the competent completion of all contract services that are the responsibility of you or your Team, including the individual service plans and services required.
- Maintain good communication and relationship with people involved in the lives of people served by your team, including family members and guardians, governmental and private agency personnel, other L’Arche staff, and L’Arche community members and leaders.
- Speak and behave in a manner that reveals the gifts of each person you serve and those with whom you serve.
- Fulfill other responsibilities assigned by DPS.
L’Arche welcomes applications from people of all ages, races, genders, faiths, and sexual orientations. To apply, send resume and cover letter to [email protected].