Communications and Outreach Coordinator
L’Arche GWDC is seeking person who can lead in our communications and outreach on our development team. If you love to share L’Arche’s mission and have the gift of writing, this is the role for you!
Role now available!
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Caitlin Smith at [email protected]
L’Arche Greater Washington, DC, an interdenominational Christian community of people with and without intellectual disabilities who share their lives together. The Communications and Outreach Coordinator is essential to the development team. Communications and writing are critical functions for successful fund development and L’Arche. As a part of this team, the Communications and Outreach Coordinator will seek to communicate and share L’Arche’s mission within community life and externally.
Supervised by: Director of Development and Communications
Supervises: Communications Interns
- Develops and executes an organizational communications plan
- Develops bi-annual print newsletter, monthly e-newsletters, and yearly annual report
- Manage website and digital platforms
- Assists with content and editing of spring/fall appeal letters
- Manage cultivation plans for churches, corporations, and other community partners
- Coordinates internal and external presentations – Encounter L’Arche
- Inform and engage home life leadership and community committees in development and
- Manage and report on workplace giving programs & fundraising campaigns such as
Giving Tuesday, Do More 24, etc.
- Thank you note coordination and delegation for all gifts above $500
- Manage a portfolio of donors giving at $1,000/year
- Assist with planning and implementation of annual Heart of L’Arche Breakfast & other
- Other duties as assigned
- Communicates the mission and vision of L’Arche with passion
- Excellence in written and oral communication
- Attention to detail, task-orientated, and superior follow-up
- At least two years of related experience in communications field
- Experience with social media management, website content, and donor databases
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, marketing, journalism, public relations, or related
- Experience and desire to work with people with disabilities
Salary & Benefits
- Meaningful, mission-based, and community-focused work
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision coverage, disability and life insurance
- Matching 401k contributions after 1 year
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Full-time, hourly rate based on experience
- Monday – Friday, with some evenings and weekends as necessary.